A programme of group initiatives for adopting digital technology
PeriodFrom April 2009 to March 2011
Key Words# appropriation# competitiveness# VerySmallBusiness
The project in few words
“Espace Entreprises Numériques” was a programme of group initiatives carried out between 2009 and 2011 to help very small businesses in the Bayonne-Anglet-Biarritz-Boucau-Bidart agglomeration adopt digital technology in order to increase their productivity and thus contribute to the appeal of the area.
The programme of group initiatives offered by antic Pays Basque aims to support at least 200 businesses per year by striving to:
- Identify solutions adapted to the needs of very small businesses and micro-businesses and support them in their development using technologies and innovation;
- Circulate technical and organisational solutions adapted to the requirements of very small businesses;
- Be a focal point for various technical and institutional partners that are likely to collaborate with the very small businesses sector.
The programme received the support of the FEDER 2007 – 2013 programme, the Aquitaine region of the Pyrénées Atlantiques département, and the Côte Basque – Adour Agglomeration
The “Espace Entreprises Numériques” programme included different types of service:
- Generic collective support services (ICT product demonstration workshops, Passport to the Digital Economy);
- Specialised collective support services for the professional sector of Cultural and Creative Industries (themed workshops, demonstration and familiarisation with ICT solutions);
- Individual support services (ICT pre-diagnosis, methodology for management of ICT projects, putting companies in contact with service providers in the ICT sector);
- Digital services (collaborative tools, monitoring tools, Web TV).
- 608 support initiatives for very small businesses
- 72 collective workshops
- 444 service businesses supported
- 1,000 hours of individual support
- 55 businesses received individual support
- 550 documentary resources produced on the digital economy
- 1 Web TV e-business offering 28 video portraits
The aim was to raise the awareness of company managers in all sectors on the integration of ICT both as a springboard for the diffusion of existing innovations, and a key factor for the area’s competitiveness.
- 6,366 businesses in the tertiary sector with fewer than 20 employees;
- 3,248 very small businesses in the business services sector;
The 1,000 or so professionals in Aquitaine working in Creative and Cultural Industries